26 jun. 2014

A birthday card and a printable vintage photo freebie



Hallo there!

This birthday card is for a dear friend of mine who loves music.
I used plain Kraft card stock for the base of the double A5 card. I used some patterned papers from my own stock (don't know anymore where I got it) and used spellbinders card creator 'Heirloom legacy' to die cut  and emboss white card stock. I distressed the white die cuts with Ranger distress 'vintage photo' and 'tattered rose'. Oh, and I used a few Maja papers as well. The flowers were handmade earlier, so I glued those on, and added buttons, lace and a nice old illustration of a banjo and one with the text 'Happy Birthday' as embellishments.

I inherited an old photo album with a lot of late 19th century and early 20th century photo's. This picture of a couple of musicians was also in the album. I reckon these youngsters of approximately 1909 decided to dress up as foreign musicians to take part  in a parade of a rural festival in the north of Friesland.  Although they look very serious, it must have been fun!

  Right click to download/save and print for your own scrapping purposes.  Enjoy scrapping :).

Een reactie posten