30 mrt. 2014

'Pansies for thoughts'

It's almost april, and the sun is shining bright. Daffodils, hyacinths and pansies are blooming in my small garden. I love pansies. They are such colorful yet delicate flowers. They remind me of my dear grandfather who grew the most beautiful pansies. I came across this quote of Shakespeare, and it fits my sentiment perfectly.

How did I make this spread in my art journal?
Well  I painted dark green card stock with yellow, yellow ocre,    
prussian blue and white, and mixed those colors.  Then I  used a printed picture of a basket of pansies (thank you Far Far Hill) and glued that on the pages. Next I painted some color over the pansies and the basket with matching colors, so the flowers would pop up a bit. Oh, and I stamped the background when it was dry with a text stamp of Viva decor and Stampology pearl clear stamp ink pad. I made a label, painted it en colored it and the quote with gel pens. For the first sentence of the quote I used an alpha stencil and painted the lettering yellow and added contour with an aqua marker.



Een reactie posten