24 dec. 2014

'For to us a Child is born'

'For to us a child is born, to us a son is given: and the government will be upon his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace'.  Isaiah 9:6



Last sunday of Advent I've beenscrapping a picture of Mary, Josef and baby Jesus and during the process of doing so I was somewhat meditating and praying. Being thankful to God and having thoughts about the things that happened to me, my family and friends. Remembering all things good and bad; the economic crisis, my quest to find a job and my hope for happiness and health in the new year to come. 



This is how I made it: 
First I searched the internet for a children's colouring picture of the Christmas nativity scene. I found a very basic one; a bit looking like a church window with stained glass. 
So I made a copy of that colouring picture and used it as a template for my design on a large paper, size 52x47 cm. Then I looked for nice scraps of paper in my stash. For the rays of the sun I took shiny gold patterned papers, shiny red, paper with a velvet decoration; white, gold and yellow. I made the figure of Mary  with several papers in blue/white, and I clothed Joseph in chocolate brown card stock and baby Jesus in a white embossed paper. After cutting and glueing all those scraps of paper it looked all right, but you know me: I do like bling and glitter when I 'm scrapping. So I took some gold coloured small rope and ribbon - in these cases I'm always glad I have a lot of ribbon and lace in my stash - and glued it on the separation lines between the patterned spots. Patchwork with paper!  

Have a wonderful Christmas time!










Een reactie plaatsen